An application to board at the school also includes an application to the school so there is no need to contact the LEA or make a separate school application. The boarding application process involves:
– Initial application. Please complete a full application form with school reports and a copy of the applicant’s passport and send it to the admissions officer Tracey Dunn: email@example.com
– Invitation to interview. The applicant will be interviewed by a senior member of boarding staff to determine suitability for boarding.
– Reference from current school. We will take a reference from the applicant’s current school.
– Offer. Once all the steps are completed, subject to availability, an offer will be made. The boarding place is not secure until the boarding deposit has been paid and the agreement signed and returned.
We do not accept applications for boarding places for a stay less than one full academic year and we do not accept applications for a one-year place in year 10 (KS4).
Sixth Form Boarding Applications
The criteria for joining the Sixth Form to study A Levels or BTEC courses is explained on the Sixth Form page of our website for those applicants taking GCSEs or IGCSEs. Boarders and day students have the same entry requirements.
Sixth Form boarding applicants who are not studying GCSEs or IGCSEs will be assessed through the following process:
– English Test, to be completed online and results submitted. A copy of the results page must be sent with the application. Please go to: https://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/en/content
– Two years’ worth of school reports. Applicants for art/design subjects should submit a portfolio to be assessed by Head of Department.
– Suitability for boarding interview with the Vice Principal/Head of Boarding (Skype or in person)
– An interview with Head of Sixth Form to determine the suitability for A Level/BTEC courses (Skype or in person)
– Reference from school to determine suitability for A Level/BTEC study and suitability for boarding.
All students who have not achieved GCSEs and IGCSEs will sit English and maths GCSE in year 12 unless studying A Levels maths.
As a state boarding school there is no cost for tuition. The only cost is for boarding.
Boarding fees for the academic year 2020/21 are: £11,985 per year.
A deposit of £2,500 is required to secure the boarding place.