The History Department is committed to inspiring students to engage with and want to know more about the past. We believe in making learning active and encouraging young people to develop the enquiry skills necessary to reach an informed opinion.
- What is History?
- Norman Conquest (1066-1087)
- Medieval Life (1066-1500)
- Tudors (1485-1603)
- English Civil War (1625-1649)
- Industrial Revolution (1750-1900)
- Surgical Revolution (1700-1900)
- Slavery to Civil Rights (1850-1970)
- Suffragettes (1900-1918)
In Year 9 students begin studying the background of the topics which are covered at GCSE.
At GCSE students currently follow the Pearson Edexcel route;
- Unit 1: Medicine through time (1250-present)
- Unit 2: American West (1835-1895)
- Unit 3: Early Elizabethan England (1558-1588)
- Unit 4: Weimar and Nazi Germany (1918-1939)
At A level students follow the Pearson Edexcel route C course;
- Unit 1 : Britain, 1625-1701 – Conflict, Revolution and Settlement
- Unit 2 : Russia in Revolution, 1894-1924
- Unit 3 : Civil Rights and Race Relations in the USA, 1850-2009
- Unit 4 : A self-designed coursework investigation into an issue of historical controversy