As a Mathematics Department, we aim to deliver a curriculum that motivates and encourages all students to realise their potential. We want our students to be inspired by the subject of mathematics.We try and inspire our students in the classroom.
We try and equip students with the numerical skills that they will need in real life not just exam situations.
We use a variety of teaching methods and resources.We go outside of the classroom from time to time to complete activities outside.
We give students the opportunity to link subjects together such as PE and Maths.We encourage students to take responsibility for their own learning, making sure every student knows the progress they are making.
We give students the opportunity to extend their own learning.
We ask KS3 students to invite their parents to an evening Maths Class so that they can get help with homework at home. At KS4 we follow the Edexcel course to completion Mathematics (1MA0).
We offer lots of extra curricular activities …
- A Puzzle and Games Club every Monday and Thursday lunchtime.
- Year 7 & 8 visit to Mathemagic Exhibition at Techniquest in June.
- Year 10 Girls trip to Disneyland Paris to discover the Mathematics of Roller coasters.
- Gifted and Talented trips throughout the year to local universities.
- Inter-house Maths challenges throughout the year.
- A puzzle challenge day for Year 7s and our feeder Primary schools.