Shaftesbury School has been selected to be part of the Epson Ambassador Schools project. In 2019, The Future Classroom concept was born out of a collaboration between Epson and Shaftesbury School. The aim is to create an amazing teaching space that pushes innovation and sits at the edge of what’s possible.
Epson commissioned a research project
So what will this Future Classroom provide?
- A unique teaching space for innovative teaching
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Maths) Lab
- Experimental Class of Tomorrow – case study program
- Video and recording arena – complete with green screen, a portable lightboard, multiple cameras, tripods and microphones, and a 360 camera
- CPD space – allowing teachers to share ideas, explore new pedagogies and technologies, provide training and welcome visiting guest speakers
- A digital yoga studio – to support the wellbeing of staff, with state-of-the-art projection and a high-quality sound system