The School uniform for all students in years 7 to 11
Please note that the design on the school uniform has now changed. The new logo will be on all new purchased uniform.
School Uniform for all students in years 7 to 9 is as follows:
• Grey Blazer with Shaftesbury School logo*
• White shirt
• House tie*
Smart black leather shoes* (no canvas or trainers)
Boys: Black trousers (no jeans) Girls: Black trousers or straight A-line skirt (no lycra, leggings or jeans)
*Please be aware, some retailers will describe a leather trainer as a suitable school shoe. This is not the case. If in doubt, please ask.
- Black V neck jumper with Shaftesbury School logo
- White shirt
- House tie
- Black shoes. These must not be of any canvas material or trainers.
- Black trousers (boys and girls)
- plain without embellishments.
- Jeans and jean style material is not permitted.
- Leggings are not permitted for girls.
- Black skirt (girls), black, knee length and pleated.
- Tight Lycra style skirts are not permitted.
PE Uniform Compulsory for all students:
Black PE polo shirt with School logo in house colours*
Black PE shorts, skirt or skort, plain or with School logo*
Sports socks in house colours
• Football boots
Hoodies are not permitted.
Additional equipment required for PE
• Shin guards
• Gum shield
Black V neck jumper with Shaftesbury School logo*
Black tracksuit, plain or with School logo*
Rugby top in house colours*
*To be ordered from PMG Schoolwear although ties may also be purchased from school reception. Click on the link on our website at www.shaftesburyschool.co.uk/may-uniform-fitting-and-ordering or directly through www. pmgschoolwear.co.uk. If you do not have internet access, please contact School Reception for more information.
- A plain black coat suitable for school wear, no leather jackets and coloured hooded tops
- Extremes of hairstyle and dress are not acceptable
- Jewellery is both unsuitable and potentially dangerous and must not be worn in school.
- One pair only of small plain studs is permitted in pierced ears. (Students will be expected to remove these for PE).
- Other piercings are not acceptable.
- Nose studs are not permitted.
- All personal property and clothing should be clearly and permanently named
- Students found wearing items of clothing which are not school uniform will be provided temporarily with the correct uniform.
Additional Equipment that should be brought to school every day:
Essential: A pencil case containing 3 blue/black biros, 3 pencils, coloured pencils, rubber, 30cm ruler, Maths set, calculator. Dictionaries as advised by the English and MFL departments.
Useful but not essential: glue stick, coloured biros or gel pens.
- Coats worn to school must be dark in colour. No denim or hoodies (defined as being without full length zip). Coats with logos are unacceptable.
- Extremes of hairstyle, colour and presentation are not acceptable and colour should only be of a natural dye
- Jewellery – only one pair of small plain studs is permitted in pierced ears and students will be expected to remove these for PE.
- Other facial piercings are not acceptable.
- All personal property and clothing should be clearly and permanently named.
Students found wearing items of clothing which are not school uniform will be provided temporarily with the correct uniform.