The School uniform for all students in years 7 to 11
Please note that the design on the school uniform has now changed. The new logo will be on all new purchased uniform.
- Black skirt or tailored trousers, (skirt must be A-Line or pleated and knee length – no lycra style skirts).
- Trousers will be black, tailored trousers without embellishments, (no jeans and no leggings).
- White collared shirt.
- House colour tie.
- Black V Neck or round neck jumper with school logo on, (Optional).
- Grey blazer with school logo on, (compulsory for Years 7-10).
- Black formal leather or leather look shoes – These should be void of excessive buckles and should not be sports shoes / trainers or canvas material*.
- Black ankle or knee socks or black / navy tights, (No thigh-high socks, stockings or white socks).
*Please be aware, some retailers will describe a leather trainer as a suitable school shoe. This is not the case. If in doubt, please ask.
- Sports shorts, skorts, trousers or sport leggings / tights.
- Black school PE t-shirt, (school logo and house colours).
- Black round neck PE jumper, (Optional).
Additional kit requirements:
- Football boots.
- Gum shield.
- Rugby top in house colours (optional).
- Shin guards.
- An outdoor coat which is black or navy blue, (this should not be worn in place of the school blazer). Hoodies and zipped hoodies are not permitted.
Guidance for appearance of students as part of the dress code:
- No facial piercings are permitted at Shaftesbury School. If a student requires a clear, plastic retainer for their nose stud, the school will provide these.
- Nail varnish must be of a natural colour.
- False nails are not permitted – this includes acrylic nails.
- Earrings are to be one stud or small pair of hoops, (these must be removed for PE).
- No ear stretchers or ear spikes.
- Hair will be of natural colours and will not include extreme hair styles.
Additional Equipment that should be brought to school every day:
Essential: A pencil case containing 3 blue/black biros, 3 pencils, coloured pencils, rubber, 30cm ruler, Maths set, calculator. Dictionaries as advised by the English and MFL departments.
Useful but not essential: glue stick, coloured biros or gel pens.